Date:      Thu, 27 Jun 2002 13:31:43 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Alex Teslik" <alex@acatysmoof.com>
To:        "Steve O'Hara-Smith" <steve@sohara.org>, Erich Zigler <erichz@superhero.org>, "Alex Teslik" <alex@acatysmoof.com>
Cc:        "ffmpeg-devel" <ffmpeg-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>, freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   ffmpeg alpha port fix (was: Encoding from bktr)

Hey Steve,

       What a mess. Between 2 machines, 2 cvs's, and a ton of little
patches I screwed up and made a bad port skeleton. I don't know where I
went wrong (I think I forgot to apply Mario's patch to the skeleton I
ended up tarring), but the only differences were in the port skeleton
Makefile and the files/Makefile So, everything probably compiled
correctly since all the other patches were correct, but the versioning
would be wrong, ffplay would not be installed, and the packing list was
wrong.
       Either way, I fixed this mess and double-triple-quadruple checked
that the new port-skeleton is correct. I'm really sorry for any problems
for anyone. The new port skeleton replaces the old one at

http://www.acatysmoof.com/ffmpeg/ffmpeg-skeleton.tar.gz

The cvs snapshot it downloads and patches remain unchanged.
MD5 (ffmpeg-skeleton.tar.gz) = 9ac43710702a9abaae60a11b6499bf75

This skeleton does not encorporate your new grab.c yet. I don't have
time to do that right now, but will get to it this weekend mabye...

Learning, learning, learning...
Alex

> On Wed, 26 Jun 2002 23:56:14 -0500
> Erich Zigler <erichz@superhero.org> wrote:
>
> EZ> Well, I even rm -rf'ed /usr/ports/graphics/ffmpeg and untarred
> EZ> ffmpeg-skeleton.tar.gz and got the 0.4.5 version.
>
> 	I just pulled a fresh copy - something seems to have happened to
> it. Makefile.old looks to be the right version - try renaming it and
> see what happens.
>
> 	Alex, could you check into this ? I still have a copy of the
> original I'm working from if you need it.
>
> --
> C:>WIN                                          |     Directable Mirrors
> The computer obeys and wins.                    |A Better Way To Focus
The Sun