Date:      Wed, 17 Jan 2001 10:00:07 -0700
From:      Rainer Heilke <rheilke@worldgate.ca>
To:        "Koster, K.J." <K.J.Koster@kpn.com>
Cc:        "'Stephen Fitzhugh'" <fitzhugh@connix.com>, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: psmintr:out of sync

"Koster, K.J." wrote:

> > Problem: I get the "psmintr:out of sync (0008 != 0000)" error
> > message
> > WHEN USING A NEW Linksys PS2KVM2 KVM switch. I do NOT get the
> > error when
> > using the mouse directly in the computer mouse ports.
> >
> The usefulness of KVM switches has always escaped me. Perhaps I don't use MS
> Windows often enough. :-)
>
> I had this problem prior to using XFree86 4.0.2, although I have no KVM
> switch. If you are runing XFree 3.3.6, you could consider upgrading to
> 4.0.2.

The usefulness of a KVM switch has nothing to do with M$ WinDoze, but
how many systems you have on/under your desk, and how many keyboards,
mice, and monitors you feel like bouncing between. In my case, two
(hopefully three one day) systems, vs. one mouse, keyboard, monitor.

I am running XFree 3.3.6, and have absolutely no problems. I use a Cybek
KVM. I suspect it may be the LinkSys causing the problems. It sounds
like it isn't maintaining the proper signals.

Rainer Heilke