Date:      Sun, 24 Mar 2002 11:25:01 -0600
From:      Chip Morton <tech_info@threespace.com>
To:        FreeBSD Chat <chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: time servers nearish Vancouver

At 10:17 PM 3/22/2002, Dan Langille wrote:
>I'm using:
>
>$ more /etc/ntp.conf
>server  ntp.cpsc.ucalgary.ca
>server  time.chu.nrc.ca
>server  time.nrc.ca
>server  timelord.uregina.ca

Why does this stuff not work for me?  I tried running ntpd on a system I
have with a terrible clock, and I still found that the time was off by up
to six minutes in some instances.  I was thinking I'd get better results by
running ntpdate as a cron job.

What's the secret?  I've been scouring man pages and docs for days now to
no avail.  And how often does this ntp.conf actually update the time?

<< Chip Morton >>