Date:      Mon, 14 Feb 2005 01:26:26 -0800
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        "Erik Norgaard" <norgaard@locolomo.org>, <admin@classicwebsales.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: I have given in trying to install

Not even that.  3/4 of the hardware I have requires modifications to
the X config file, most commonly because the monitor cannot handle
the highest resolutions and refresh rates of the video hardware.

The config files that are generated by the X configuration tools
are almost always wrong, for older hardware and displays.

Ted