Date:      Mon, 19 Dec 2011 05:31:35 -0800 (PST)
From:      Bill Tillman <btillman99@yahoo.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Legacy releases of freeBSD

I think we understand why you're looking for older versions, there might even be a copy of 3.5 out there somewhere but as I recall the latest version was 3.3 sometime in 2001. I have an old CD around here somewhere with 4.9 but I think others as well would encourage you to use the latest version and then read the handbook which comes with FreeBSD. There is a section in the docs which is titled "For People New to Unix" which is just as good for the new versions as it was for the old versions. Why limit yourself with an old version.