Date:      Mon, 19 Feb 2001 21:32:02 -0700
From:      "Brian T. Allen" <brian@gzmarketing.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Switching from Red Hat Linux to FreeBSD

Hi *,

I am trying hard to be the newest convert to FreeBSD (installed from 4.2
ISO), converting from Red Hat Linux.  I have a lot of experience with Linux,
but I am a FreeBSD virgin.

Are there any FAQ's out there that are designed to help a seasoned Linux
user make the transition to FreeBSD?

For instance, under Linux I issue the command:
# /etc/rc.d/init.d/inet restart

to restart the network after making changes.  What is the similar command
under FreeBSD?  I am so lost right now I just reboot the machine after I
make configuration file changes...  :}

A cross-reference of commands, configuration files, etc. would be a big boon
to those making the same trip I am making.  I would be happy to spearhead
it, but right now I only understand the Linux half of the equation...

Thanks,
Brian Allen
brian@gzmarketing.com