Date:      Fri, 22 Mar 1996 08:58:50 +0100 (MET)
From:      "Christoph P. Kukulies" <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au (Michael Smith)
Cc:        kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de, freebsd-questions@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: syslogd unknown priority name ""

> Christoph P. Kukulies stands accused of saying:
> >
> > On a 2.1 system I see spuriously the console message
> >
> > syslogd unknown priority name ""
> >
> > Has anyone else seen this and what might be the cause of this?
>
> Something is attempting to log a message but specifying a null priority
> name.  Are you running anything "nonstandard"?

The only thing I can think of at the moment is sup. Or wu-ftpd. Perhaps
elm+mime (2.1) which occasionialy gets a signal 11 (intercepted) when
I'm reading a mail with german umlauts. Interestingly elm+mime
chokes predictably when I'm trying to reply to that one persons mail.

I will try to reproduce it once I'm sitting at the console.