Date:      Wed, 27 Aug 1997 01:50:35 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Bryan K. Ogawa" <bkogawa@primenet.com>
To:        pat@transarc.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Telnet to FreeBSD from Solaris

In localhost.freebsd.questions you write:

>I'm seeing a problem where, if I telnet to a FreeBSD system from a Sun
>running Solaris 2.5 or 2.5.1, and hit ^C during the session, my telnet
>session is dropped.  This happens with both 2.2.2 and a fairly recent
>cvsup of -current.  Has anyone else seen this?  Since it only seems to
>happen from Solaris systems, and it happens from all Solaris 2.5 or 2.5.1
>systems I've tried, I'm guessing that it's a Solaris problem, but thought
>someome here might know a PatchID or something I could ask Sun for.

Dunno for sure, but I'm guessing that ^C is mapped to EOF or some
other non-INT character (INT is the character ^C is usually mapped to
in unixes).

Try stty -a and see if it reports intr = ^C from the solaris box.  If
not, it should be reporting ^C being some other thing (possibly eof).
You can use stty to change this sort of stuff.

--
bryan k ogawa  <bkogawa@primenet.com>   http://www.primenet.com/~bkogawa/