Date:      Mon, 2 Feb 2009 16:31:15 +0100
From:      Anton Berezin <tobez@tobez.org>
To:        William Bentley <William@futurecis.com>
Cc:        freebsd-perl@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Perl5.8 Won't Build

William,

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 12:47:25PM -0500, William Bentley wrote:
> Here it is:
>
> #make
> ===>  Vulnerability check disabled, database not found
> Checking if your /usr/bin/make program sets $(MAKE)...
> mode_t found.
> Bus error (core dumped)
> It seems that va_copy() or similar will be needed.
> size_t found.
> ===>  Building for perl-5.8.9
> make: cannot open makefile.
> *** Error code 2

Strange.  As far as I can tell, the configure output looks entirely normal,
except the coredump part and the fact that there apparently is no makefile.

Can you try and find out what exactly dumps core?  After "make clean" and
"make configure", what would be the output of

  cd /usr/ports/lang/perl5.8
  ls -l work/perl-5.8.9/*akefile*
  ls -l work/perl-5.8.9/*core*

?

I assume the disk is good and that you have enough space on it?

\Anton.
--
There is no beauty in entropy. -- Eliezer Yudkowsky