Date:      Mon, 19 Feb 2001 20:43:01 -0800
From:      "Jeremiah Gowdy" <jeremiah@sherline.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   suidperl breaks amavis port

I've been speaking with the developers of Amavis, the perl script for MTAs
that scans emails using McAfee or some other virus scanner.  They are unable
to get their script to work under FreeBSD 4.2 because suidperl keeps saying
"Can't do suid."  They claim it worked fine under FreeBSD 4.1.  Did the
suidperl's suid bit get removed in 4.2, or was it removed earlier ?  I tried
just resetting the suid bit, but I still got the same message.  Does
something special have to be done to enable suidperl ?

Thanks.

Jeremiah Gowdy
Network Administrator
Sherline Products