Date:      Sun, 7 Feb 1999 22:20:48 -0800
From:      Josef Grosch <jgrosch@mooseriver.com>
To:        Das Devaraj <das@netcom.com>
Cc:        announce@bafug.org, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG, eric@transbay.net
Subject:   Re: Berkeley BAFUG Meetings, Part II

On Sun, Feb 07, 1999 at 10:00:14PM -0800, Das Devaraj wrote:
> On Fri, 5 Feb 1999, Josef Grosch wrote:
>
> > I cast the first vote for the 4th Thursday
> > of each month which means our first meeting will be on March 25th.
>
> Is there any particular reason that it has to be on Thursday
> only?  There may be other people (like me) who may find any
> Thursday difficult to attend.
>
> Since we already have one meeting on Thursday (SF group),
> why don't we have the Berkeley one on any other day?
> Say Wednesday or Tuesday of the last week of the month.

I am more than happy to entertain any day of the week except the second
Thursday of the month since that is the date of the San Francisco BAFUG. I
really don't want to hold the meetings on Wednesday because I would miss
"Deep Space 9". Sorry if that sounds really juvenile but what can I say. If
everybody is dead set on Wednesday than so be it. But have a look the Berkeley
BAFUG vote page, http://www.bafug.org/BerkeleyBafugVote.html, only 7 people
have written in. I'm sure that we will have more members in the future but
at first we will be lucky if we can scratch up enough cash to get an extra
large from Fat Slice!

> It is generous of Transbay to let us hold meetings there.
> But it will be cool to hold these meetings at UC Berkeley
> itself.  After all, Linux folks do that.  (Now that I am on
> a roll with suggestions) please consider having a different
> format from the SF group.  Might bring some new people in.

Well, the reason we are holding the meetings at Transbay and not UC
Berkeley is because Transbay offered me the space not UC Berkeley ;-) If we
grow out of the space at Transbay then we will look else where. Maybe by
then I will have found a contact at UC Berkeley but doing something just
because the Linux people are doing it is not always a good idea. Anybody
who knows me will be glad to tell you that I am not a fan of lemming
behavior.

Josef

--
Josef Grosch           | Another day closer to a |    FreeBSD 3.0
jgrosch@MooseRiver.com |   Micro$oft free world  | UNIX for the masses