Date:      Fri, 16 Apr 2004 14:57:28 -0400
From:      Christopher Nehren <apeiron@comcast.net>
To:        Ade Lovett <ade@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Gnome Team <gnome@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Autohell with Anjuta -- any possible solutions?

--BXVAT5kNtrzKuDFl

On Fri, Apr 16, 2004 at 12:56:27 EDT, Ade Lovett scribbled these
curious markings:
>=20
> We're hoping to get the first cut (the simple "null commit", splitting=20
> out into bsd.autotools.mk) before 4.10 -- originally, I was hoping to=20
> get the rebuilt version into place too, but am running into a few=20
> issues with ports that are making Bad Assumptions[tm] about autotools.

I've seen examples of that, and have been known to devise many a
colorful metaphor to describe them.

> Since GNOME, and KDE, are heavy consumers of autotools, there'll be a=20
> whole bunch of fun testing to do as part of the two separate autotools=20
> projects - (a) cleaning up bsd.autotools.mk, and (b) getting rid of as=20
> many "dead" versions of autotools as possible.

That sounds like a great job for jail(8), at least if you have the
resources for it. I hereby volunteer to be a test guinnea pig.=20

--=20
pejorative meaning "stupid and unsophisticated".  -- Ken Thompson
-
-
Please CC me in all replies, even if I'm on the relevant list(s).

--BXVAT5kNtrzKuDFl

--BXVAT5kNtrzKuDFl--