Date:      Tue, 28 Feb 1995 01:25:18 -0500 (EST)
From:      "!Armageddon!" <jdell@sun1.iusb.indiana.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   2.0 installation question

I purchased a CD from Walnut Creek CDROM of FreeBSD 2.0.  The CD had utilities
to create a boot disk and a CPIO disk.  I was able set up my FreeBSD partition
and got all the way to the sysinstall utility, where I would load the unix
utilities from CD, FTP, dos diskette, etc.  When I attempt to load from my CD,
it gives me the choices of SCSI or Mitsimu type CDROM.  I have a Wearness IDE
CDROM, and the system doesn't recognize it.  I'm really not concerned with the
unix system not recognizing the CDROM, I just want to be able to finish the
installation.

My FreeBSD partition is actually a second 420mb drive (the entire disk is one
partition).  I do have 800+mb spare in a DOS partition on my first disk that I
could use tp load the unix utilities from.  I just xcopied everything from the
CD to the dos partition and then tried to finish the installation, but the
sysinstall wouldn't recognize if I tried wd(0,a) or wd(1,a) or hd in place of
wd.

The dos partition is the third partition on the first drive (after 1 FAT
primary, and 1 HPFS logical from the extended).

Any help or suggestions on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

                                     Thanks,
                                    Jason Dell
                            jdell@sun1.iusb.indiana.edu

P.S. I know you guys are busy, so whenever you can get to the response is
fine (like I have a choice).