Date:      Mon, 15 Jan 1996 11:03:32 +0100
From:      Wolfram Schneider <wosch@cs.tu-berlin.de>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de (Joerg Wunsch)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: wc(1)

J. Wunsch writes:
>> FreeBSD-2.x wc(1) is slow and ugly. NetBSD-current has the same code
>> as FreeBSD-1.1.5, faster and cleaner written.
>
>If this is Net2-derived code, we are not allowed to use it. :(

Net2 does not use ctype. I think someone forgot the changes/patches
during the migration from FreeBSD 1.x to FreeBSD 2.0.

Wolfram

$ diff /usr/src/net2/usr.bin/wc/wc.c ~/bsd/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-current/src/usr.bin/wc/wc.c |wc
     360    1389    8015

$ head -1 /usr/src/net2/README
This is the src tree for the second Berkeley networking distribution.