Date:      Fri, 31 May 1996 11:40:05 +0300 (EET DST)
From:      "Andrew V. Stesin" <stesin@elvisti.kiev.ua>
To:        jfieber@indiana.edu (John Fieber)
Cc:        reyes01@ibm.net, doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What to include in hardware compatibility list?

Hi,

#
# On Mon, 27 May 1996, Francisco Reyes wrote:
#
# > One possible approach is to simply have a list of hardware that works
# > with FreeBSD without any special installation procedures. This does not
# > mean that later on we could include other hardware. The possible
#
# Although it looks good to just have a large list of hardware that
# work, given the realities of the PC industry, having a list of
# hardware that is known NOT to work is pretty valuable.  We should
# probably collect records for both working and problematic
# hardware.

	Seconded. Probably the hardware compatibility guide should
	state:

		"Generally, any combination of off-the-shelf PC hardware
		 should work.  Exclusions are listed below:

		 ... blah-blah ..."

# case "make" and "model" don't work.  For those, a "Motherboard"
# might be better.

	Seconded. The exact motherboard model is much better and informative.

--

	With best regards -- Andrew Stesin.

	+380 (44) 2760188	+380 (44) 2713457	+380 (44) 2713560

	"You may delegate authority, but not responsibility."
					Frank's Management Rule #1.