Date:      Mon, 12 May 2008 12:35:59 +0200
From:      Volker <volker@vwsoft.com>
To:        net@freebsd.org
Subject:   how to identify a PHY?

Hi!

>From the bugbusting front, I'm often seeing network related issues with
unknown (new) PHYs.

Can please somebody explain me how one is able to identify what kind of
PHY interface is build into a system? Does pciconf output provide some
piece of information which leads into getting PHY information? I need to
know that to work with the submitter and get their interfaces running
(or retrieve information for you to work on).

Thanks!

Volker