Date:      Fri, 5 May 1995 22:46:47 +1000
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        bde@zeta.org.au, terry@cs.weber.edu
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org, j@uriah.heep.sax.de, rpt@miles.sso.loral.com
Subject:   Re: GNU cpp bug with pthreads

>> >On the other hand, #if is not necessarily a valid directive in older
>> >preprocessers.
>>
>> Older than K&R1 (1978)?  FreeBSD doesn't attempt to support those.

>I didn't say that I didn't personally use '#if' (although I don't use
>'#elif', and would have liked a '#ifclude' to include files only if
>they were there...).

I wish there was #defifn (define if not already defined) and typedefifn
(typedef if not already typedefed).

>Oh, in traditional mode, the Sun transitional compiler doesn't take
>void, const, or volatile, but will take prototypes.

Surely it has void?  There are 2^4 combinations that it might have
among those 4 keywords alone, and no way to gets which ones.  All
nonStandard compilers should have all combinations encoded in
negative values of __STDC__ ;-).

Bruce