Date:      Sat, 06 Apr 2002 09:59:49 -0800
From:      "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Nik Clayton <nik@FreeBSD.ORG>, Gilles Kirouac <gkirouac@riq.qc.ca>, freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        bmah@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Handbook unreadable in pdf format

I wrote:

> I'm actually able to build something close to the bits that go on the
> Web site, using a script I was dinking with to build doc/ ISO images (see
> doc/release/Makefile).  Haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary
> for the PDF Handbook...but I'll certainly yell out if the build that I
> just started turns up anything strange.

Bleah.

/usr/local/bin/epstopdf  --outfile=install/adduser1.pdf install/adduser1.eps
/usr/local/bin/epstopdf  --outfile=install/adduser2.pdf install/adduser2.eps
/usr/local/bin/epstopdf  --outfile=install/adduser3.pdf install/adduser3.eps
/usr/local/bin/epstopdf  --outfile=install/mainexit.pdf install/mainexit.eps
/usr/local/bin/epstopdf  --outfile=install/edit-inetd-conf.pdf install/edit-inetd-conf.eps
/usr/bin/touch book.tex-pdf
/usr/local/bin/ps2pdf book.ps book.pdf
*** Signal 10

Stop in /usr/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1.