Date:      Fri, 18 Jul 1997 09:37:19 -0500
From:      Edwin Culp <eculp@mexcom.net>
To:        ronald@trace.com.tw
Cc:        Swee-Chuan Khoo <sckhoo@asiapac.net>, Jim Shankland <jas@flyingfox.com>, dan@dpcsys.com, isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Root nameservers messed up?

Ronald Wiplinger wrote:

> Swee-Chuan Khoo wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, 17 Jul 1997, Jim Shankland wrote:
> > > have to; but did I take a wrong turn somewhere?  I think, just in case,
> > > I'll go to bed and get a fresh start in the morning ....
> >
> > u should find a utilities to convert v4's file to v8.
>
> It is a perl script ;-)
> It's name is named-bootconf.pl  ;-)
I did this and had a problem.  I have two class c's
both in the same hosts file that works fine with 4.9.5,but
with 8.1.1 I get "owner name error" for all entries from
the second class c.  Probably this is an error that I have
had for a long time and didn't realize it, but now "under the gun"
I have half the ip's I had under 4.9.5.  If someone else has
seen this and has a simple fix, I would appreciate it, I'll
even happily accept flames, RTFM, whatever, but please add
a solution:-)

Ed