Date:      Thu, 14 Jan 1999 10:39:19 GMT
From:      xiyuan qian <xiyuan@dns.hgs.com.cn>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        xiyuan@dns.hgs.com.cn
Subject:   How to enlarge the limit value?

Hi, I have a game server program running on my FreeBSD box. With the players
coming more and more, I want my server can server more net connections. Now,
the maxinum net connection limit is 256. I found that this value is related
to FD_SETSIZE in sys/types.h file. I modified this value but make no change.
Then I recompile the kernel with maxusers=500, the result remains the same.

Any suggestions?

--xiyuan