Date:      Tue, 13 Aug 2002 23:19:35 +1000
From:      "Leigh V" <leighv@roq.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   ipfw nat

Hi Guys,

Just after a hand on how to set up portforwading to internal LAN clients
using NATD. I have done some research into it however i can not seem to get
it working.

Correct me if I am wrong in my syntax here guys but here is my situation:
I am running a BSD internet gateway using NATD to allow my internal LAN
Clients access the internet. I have a client on an Internal LAN with an IP
addy of 192.168.x.x and am running a telnet server on this Internal machine.
Therefore I need to set up port forwarding to this machine on port 23 right?
Sounds easy huh:
A visit to the freebsd.org website reveals that the following should be the
syntax to use in order to make this happen:
-redirect_port proto targetIP:targetPORT[-targetPORT]
[aliasIP:]aliasPORT[-aliasPORT]
[remoteIP[:remotePORT[-remotePORT]]]
So the way I see it my syntax should be the following from a shell:
natd -redirect_port tcp 192.168.x.x:23 23
All looks to easy!
The problem is when i execute this command i get the following error
appearing:
natd: aliasing address not given
Does anyone know if i am making any mistake with my syntax?

Other variants i have tried are:
natd -redirect_port tcp 192.168.1.2: 23 23
Gives response:
natd: unknown service /tcp

And:
natd -redirect_port 192.168.1.2: 23 23
Gives Response:
natd: unknown protocol 192.168.1.2:. Expected tcp or udp
Etc
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks Guys!