Date:      Fri, 5 Dec 1997 11:38:22 -0800 (PST)
From:      Ulf Zimmermann <ulf@Alameda.net>
To:        schwarz@cx25450-a.dt1.sdca.home.com (Steven Schwarz)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FW: support for AIC 7895

> I recently put together a system based upon the Tyan Thunder 2
> motherboard, which has on-board an Adaptec AIC 7895 SCSI controller.
> (This is supposed to be "equivalent to a 3940-AUW", to quote the
> motherboard documentation.  Strangely, the Adaptec web site seems to
> contain no info on the AIC 7895.)

Which is also incorrect. All 3940[|U|W|UW] I have seen are based on the
Adaptec AIC-7870 or AIC-7880. I was browsing last night for a new
motherboard and saw that AIC-7895 statement, I first thought they
mean the Adaptec 3985 controller, but even that controller is based
on 3xAIC-7880 and 1xAIC-7810.

Ulf.

Ulf Zimmermann, 1525 Pacific Ave., Alameda, CA-94501, #: 510-769-2936
Alameda Networks, Inc. | http://www.Alameda.net  | Fax#: 510-521-5073