Date:      Mon, 10 Jan 2011 18:16:18 +0000
From:      Melissa Jenkins <melissa-freebsd@littlebluecar.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Cc:        Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
Subject:   Re: PPP and Route Delete

>> I've been working on migrating a PPTP server from FreeBSD 7.1 to =
FreeBSD 8.1.  The server is configured using PopTop (from ports) and PPP =
(/usr/sbin) rather than MPD.  (Before anybody tells me to use MPD we =
can't because it doesn't inject packets into the kernel in the same way =
and it's not possible to filter on them correctly)
>=20
> I use mpd a lot. Can you expand on the problem you have with it ? I am =
not sure what you mean by cant filter on it.

Packets sent over a VPN to mpd didn't enter PF at the same point as they =
do from PPP - i couldn't get RDR or BINAT to redirect on anything =
inbound over the VPN.

I haven't tried MPD in almost two years so this may have changed.

Mel=