Date:      Thu, 27 Feb 1997 17:25:45 +1100
From:      LODea@cybec.com.au (Lachlan O'Dea)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ATAPI-CDROM

At 13:03 25/02/97 -0600, you wrote:
>I'm copying questions on this because I had the same problem and it
>wasn't in the archives :-)
>
>The problem is that 2.1.6 and earlier will only recognize an ATAPI
>CD-ROM if it is configured as the second drive on the first
>controller.  You have it configured as the first drive on the second
>controller.

I just installed 2.1.6. I originally had my ATAPI CD as slave on the second
channel (without a master drive on that channel) and FreeBSD didn't detect
the secondary controller at all. This took me a while to work out, as the
CD worked fine on my other OSs. Anyway I changed the CD to the master on
the second channel and it is working fine.

Lachlan O'Dea <LODea@cybec.com.au>                      Cybec Pty Ltd
Technical Support Officer                     VET Anti-virus software
http://www.cybec.com.au/