Date:      Thu, 13 Jan 2000 09:39:16 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mikhail Teterin <mi@kot.ne.mediaone.net>
To:        Ronald Kuehn <kuehn@rz.tu-clausthal.de>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Linux Emulation v6.1

Ronald Kuehn once stated:

=> Coleman Kane once stated:
=
=> =Hi, I have  now noticed that I  can no longer play  Quake3 under the
=> =new  linux emulation,  v6.1. It  dies with  invalid system  call and
=> =dumps  the core.  Is this  a  problem of  mine, or  has anyone  else
=> =experienced crashes from the new linux libs?
=
=> I can  no longer  use the earlier  installed StarOffice-5.1  with the
=> same symptoms and can not reinstall it :(
=
=As a workaround you can  downgrade to linux_base-5.2. That doesn't seem
=to use the rt_sigsuspend system call.

So, is there  an active work in  progress, or should the  port be marked
broken on  -stable? Should we have  another port emulatores/linux_base5?
Is a formal PR needed?

	-mi