Date:      Mon, 14 May 2001 00:31:05 +1000
From:      "Doug Young" <dougy@gargoyle.apana.org.au>
To:        "Andrey Nepomnyaschih" <nas@chartpilot.ru>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Win2k telnet

> Can someone help me understand problem with arrow keys under Win2k
> telnet client?

yeah ..... Microsoft lied  ...... its broken :)

I had exactly the same experience with it & after tearing hair out for
a few days I decided to get a "proper" telnet client. Actually I've
found a few that work well, most of them cost a bit but thems the
breaks.

Ones that do work well are "PowerTerm Pro" & GeorgiaSoftworks
NTTelnet" I used both of them over a few years & no complaints. I
don't use them much now however .... the Open Source "PuTTY telnet /
SSH client works just as well, but handles SSH as well as telnet, and
the price is right :)