Date:      Tue, 12 Dec 2000 10:15:35 -0000
From:      "James Raftery" <jraftery@wrdp.com>
To:        <admin@delanet.com>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD, Qmail, and NFS

----- Original Message -----
From: "Delanet Administration" <admin@delanet.com>
To: <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>; <qmail@list.cr.yp.to>;
<vchkpw@inter7.com>
Sent: Monday, December 11, 2000 11:35 PM
Subject: FreeBSD, Qmail, and NFS

No. http://cr.yp.to/proto/maildir.html

> Also, If anyone else has clustered FreeBSD with Qmail already, we
would
> like also to know how you achieved it and any tips you may have as to
> configuration of such a setup.

Yes, it works very well. Install qmail locally on your frontend
machines. Have the user's home space with Maildir format mailboxes
mounted over NFS. It's quite simple. As for tips: give your frontend
machines plenty of disk I/O; for heavy usage consider using different
NICs for public traffic and for NFS traffic; get a reliable NFS server
(NetApps are fab, but pricey).

james