Date:      Fri, 8 Dec 1995 13:31:36 -0600
From:      Jonathan Cargille <jcargill@cs.wisc.edu>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Donations (was Re: Second appeal for sup ...)

Jordan K. Hubbard writes:

   > I can think of a couple of companies  ;-)  that would be glad to chip in
   > more than that!

   Well, let's explore this one further.  Here's a list, in order of
   decreasing importance, of the kinds of resources I think the project
   most needs right now:

   1. Internet connectivity (for providing more distributed services)

I'll volunteer InfoMagic ;-) (Yes, I've discussed it with them; that's
why I was slow in responding/offering) to pick up some portion of the
net-load; they've got a T1 with some available bandwidth, and are
planning to get another within a couple of months.  We'll be happy to
provide sup and other service.  I'll be happy to do the admin for it
(though I haven't set up sup-service before, so someone to coach would
certainly be welcome!).

Can you give me some idea of what sort of load 20 sup clients is (in
terms of bandwidth and processor requirements)?

As far as hardware and $$ donations go, I have a few comments (which
will have to wait until I have a minute to think clearly! ;-)

Jon