Date:      Fri, 14 Feb 2014 13:29:05 -0500 (EST)
From:      Louis Epstein <le@main.put.com>
To:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   (fwd) Cairo problems!

-- forwarded message --
From: Louis Epstein <le@main.put.com>
Newsgroups: comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc
Subject: Cairo problems!
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 17:59:26 +0000 (UTC)

I installed portmaster and tried using it to fix Seamonkey and
Openttd (whose loss of functionality thanks to the disappearance
of shared objects I have referred to previously).
In each case,Cairo (/usr/ports/graphics/cairo whose libcairo.so.2
I have referred to in particular) was among the dependencies and
portmaster exited after failing to install it (I have mentioned
my failures on make install).

In all cases the
  ===>	Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
message appears triggered by
  configure: error:  OpenGL surface backend feature could not be enabled

so is there any way to fix this?
The on-screen messages refer to the gnomelogalyzer,
but I have not been using Gnome on this machine at any time.

-=-=-
-- end of forwarded message --