Date:      Wed, 4 Mar 1998 10:14:09 +0100
From:      Thomas Zenker <thz@lennartz-electronic.de>
To:        John Kelly <jak@cetlink.net>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Donations.

On Wed, Mar 04, 1998 at 03:05:02AM +0000, John Kelly wrote:
> On Tue, 3 Mar 1998 17:03:43 -0700, Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
> wrote:
>
> >understanding that it's only a hint.
>
> >Whaddya think?
>
> For small contributions it might be a workable model, but you'll never
> attract serious money if you're not willing to do the donors' bidding.
>
> Who was it that said to ban corporate contributions, Jordan?  That's
> silly.  As long as the source code remains free, everyone gets the
> benefit, no matter how narrow the donor's request might seem.  After
> all, it's THEIR MONEY and they don't have to part with it if they
> don't want to.
>
> All of you are thinking too small.  THINK BIG!

Never sell your ass!
If you are willing to accept the donors' bidding, it is no longer
a donation but biz and FBSD is in danger to loose its' independence.
This would create the possibility for corporates to step in and we all
would loose wether source code stays free or not.

What about someone like M$ Bill influence the directions for FBSD?
NEVER!

Thomas Zenker