Date:      Fri, 25 Mar 2005 00:04:58 +0100
From:      Tilman Linneweh <arved@arved.at>
To:        freebsd-ppc@FreeBSd.org
Subject:   MiniMac and Xorg

Hello Peter & Co.

First thanks for your work on the powerpc-port. Today I installed FreeBSD
with the miniinst.iso on my 1,4 Ghz MiniMac.

I installed the xorg-packages i found on your homepage, but they
crash my machine. I found a file called kernel.xorg on your page, but
unfortunately this one just panics with:
pmap_bootstrap: can't get ofw translation count

Does xorg already work on powerpc?

(BTW the usb Keyboard does not work inside DDB...)

I tried to compile my own world/kernel, but gcc crashes during compile.
>From reading the mailinglist archive I was under the impression that
I don't need to cross compile anything.

regards
tilman