Date:      Tue, 1 Jun 1999 09:15:55 -0700 (MST)
From:      "Wayne E. Bouchard" <web@globalcenter.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   3.2 and adaptec 1520

Hi,

Possibly a dumb question but I've gone around on this for a while now
and can't find an answer.. I just upgraded to 3.2 today and have been
trying (with very little progress) to get a propperly configured kernel.
Right now, the biggest problem I have is with my scsi controller.
I have an adaptec 1520 (yeah, I know but I really don't have the cash
to go out and buy a 2740). Anyhow, under 2.2.8, this came up with no
problems as aic0. Under 3.2, there is no pre-defined controller line
for aic0. The man page is still there but notes this as a "device" not
a "controller". Either way, it doesn't work..

Looking at the files, it seems that the code is still there but depreciated
at least. Installing the controller/device line merely generates an
error when linking the kernel of "undefined refference to aicdriver"
from ioconf.o.

I really do not know how to correct this.. Anyone have any tips?
(Aside from buy a real scsi controller...)

-Wayne