Date:      Thu, 8 Aug 2002 15:32:58 -0400
From:      Matthias Trevarthan <trevarthan@wingnet.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: upgrading from 4.6 Release to fix Open SSL

OK. Here is another quick question that has been nagging me ever since I
 began to contemplate this upgrade:

Do I really have to recompile FreeBSD on every machine? Or can I simply c=
opy
the linker objects and link on each machine?

Or better, yet, can I simply copy binaries?

All machines are arch i386.
Specs listed below:

Dual i686 1Ghz , running 4.4 Release
Single i686 1Ghz , running 4.4 Release
Dual i586 133Mhz , running 4.6 Release
Single i686 450Mhz , running 4.6 Release

I don't mind recompiling the kernels for each individual machine, I just
 don't want to recompile an entire OS on my dual i686 production box. It'=
 CPUs are loaded plenty just from normal use.

Thanks.

Matthias