Date:      Sat, 17 Aug 1996 23:19:23 BST
From:      Michael Ryan <mike@NetworX.ie>
To:        Eric Blood <eblood@winky.reno.nv.us>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: nfs problem with -alldirs

On Sat, 17 Aug 1996 01:28:38 -0700 Eric Blood wrote:

> Two machines, winky (2.1.0) and wooster (May SNAP), on a local net
> by themselves.  winky's /etc/exports file is as follows:
>
> / -alldirs wooster
>
> It's my understanding that I should be able to mount winky:/home
> or winky:/usr as well as winky:/.  However, on wooster I get the
> following:
>
> # mount winky:/home /mnt
> nfs: can't access /home: Permission denied
> # mount winky:/ /mnt
>
> Am I missing something?

I'd guess that /home and /usr are not sub-directories of /; that's
why the mount isn't suceeding.  The "-alldirs" means all directories
*within* the filesystem in field 1.
You need something like
/	-alldirs	wooster
/usr	-alldirs	wooster
/home	-alldirs	wooster
You don't need the "-alldirs" in this case, if you don't want
"wooster" to mount directories below the roots of each
filesystem.

Mike
<mike@NetworX.ie>
---