Date:      Wed, 27 Aug 1997 05:34:32 -0500
From:      "Keith R. Bolson" <kbolson@landoflakes.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Questions about freeBSD installation.

Hello.
  I wanted to try freeBSD.  I have a laptop using W95 to get the
sw over the net, an iomega zip 100MB to move stuff with and
a target system - a junk 486 with 32 MB ram.
  In any case, I can't ftp from my target system, so I'd like
to know what files I need to do the install.
  The boot disk boot.flp boots and I partition a 300MB after
the DOS partition.  - Novice user, binaries and doc install.
  I get lost, tho, when it expects the other files from
CDROM/DOS/FTP to do this installation.  The kernel isn't found.
  Can I place the freeBSD distribution files on the DOS partition
and install from there?  Does freeBSD support a printer-port
iomega zip drives ? .. probably.
  I'd appreciated any assistance you can give me.
Thank you.  --krb