Date:      Mon, 25 Oct 2004 23:38:07 +0200
From:      Huw Wynn-Jones <huwwynnjones@neuf.fr>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Spiral Eyed Girl <spiraleyedgirl@hotmail.com>
Subject:   Re: Upgrading KDE

On Sunday 24 October 2004 13:42, Spiral Eyed Girl wrote:
> Hello, I am trying to upgrade KDE, using make install in the ports
> directory, and I get this error:
>
> ===>  kdelibs-3.3.0_2 conflicts with installed package(s):
>       kdebase-3.1.4
>
>       They install files into the same place.
>       Please remove them first with pkg_delete(1).
>
> and I try to do a "portupgrade kde" and get this error:
>
> Stale dependency: kde-3.1.4 --> openldap-client-2.1.23 -- manually run
> 'pkgdb -F' to fix, or specify -O to force.
>
> How do I upgrade KDE without using pkg_delete? Or is that the only way to
> do it?
>
> Thanks

Hello,

Check out the Kde-Freebsd page for some tips.

http://freebsd.kde.org/

There is also a freebsd-kde mailing list.

I had some trouble with the same upgrade so I ended up deleting all the old
packages and then rebuilding KDE from scratch. It's not so much bother
really. Just delete by force everything beginning with a K!

Cheers

Huw