Date:      Fri, 01 Jul 2005 21:18:26 +0300
From:      Anton Butsyk <butsyk@mail.etsplus.net>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: turn on HTT

Bill Vermillion wrote:

>"Bits dont fail me now!" was what Alec Berryman muttered
>as he hastily typed this on Fri, Jul 01, 2005 at 13:06 :
>

>>Anton Butsyk on 2005-07-01 19:56:57 +0300:
>>

>>>Please tell is it possible to turn on HTT on this machine?
>>>
>>>FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE #3: Thu Jun 30 12:32:54 EEST 2005
>>>   butsyk@<host>:/usr/src/sys/i386/compile/CUSTOM
>>>

>>See /usr/src/UPDATING.
>>

>And since the chip is a 2.4Ghz chip, note that even though the HTT
>shows up in the chip feature string, not all will run HTT.
>
>As I recall you have to have a device with an 800FSB also.
>
>Bill

 From /usr/src/UPDATING
 Hyperthreading logical CPU's are no longer probed by default  when
using the MP Table.
 If ACPI is being used, then logical CPUs will be probed if
hyperthreading is enabled in the BIOS.
 If ACPI is not being used and hyperthreading is enabled in the  BIOS,
logical CPUs can be enabled
                              by building a custom kernel  with the
option MPTABLE_FORCE_HTT enabled.

So "device apic" - will be enough (but also option MPTABLE_FORCE_HTT was
added in CUSTOM
kernel configuration).

But HTT enabled in bios and mainboard manual tells that bus with 800 FSB.

Anton.