Date:      Tue, 19 Sep 2006 17:55:50 +1000
From:      Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy@optushome.com.au>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Delivering SIGKILL to init

--oLBj+sq0vYjzfsbl

Prompted by some discussion elsewhere, I've been trying to send
SIGKILL to init.  If I ktrace kill(1), I can see "kill(1,9)" which
returns 0 but the signal is never delivered.  If I sent (eg) SIGXCPU
then init dies and the kernel panics (as expected).  I've looked
through sys/kern/kern_* and can't see anywhere that special cases
the delivery of SIGKILL to init.

Can anyone please explain why SIGKILL doesn't kill init (at least
on -stable).

--=20
Peter Jeremy

--oLBj+sq0vYjzfsbl