Date:      Mon, 30 Jan 2006 01:08:05 +0100
From:      Bartosz Fabianowski <freebsd@chillt.de>
To:        Mike Durian <durian@shadetreesoftware.com>
Cc:        openoffice@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/92218: openoffice.org-2.0 build fails with shlibsign core dump

>  I've been using and upgrading FreeBSD for quite a while now and
>  there were some symbolic links in /lib dated from 2003 that probably
>  should have been removed at some point.

You're lucky - as of 7th January, the delete-old and delete-old-libs
targets have been MFCd. So, if you upgrade your box to a more recent
version of 6-STABLE, you will be able to do the following to get rid of
stale libraries and base system files:

cd /usr/src ; make delete-old delete-old-libs

This should remove all files that were part of FreeBSD's base install at
some point and got moved/removed in later versions.

- Bartosz