Date:      Tue, 1 Jun 1999 14:16:08 -0300
From:      David Maxwell <david@fundy.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Install problem with fxp0

Hi, I'm trying an install of 3.2-RELEASE, with the two boot floppy
setup, and planning to ftp the install sets.

Everything goes okay until I attempt to ftp the sets, the server
can't be reached. Dropping onto a shell from a fixit floppy,
ifconfig -a shows the interface, and correct network config,
but the machine can't be pinged from another machine on the
local subnet.

The machine is an HP Netserver E50, and it, and the network, (incl fxp0)
work fine under NetBSD + Windows NT.

I've gone through at startup and skipped the config hardware steps,
and also tried deleting all the extraneous hardware. Same results
both ways. Any thoughts?

Any sufficiently advanced Common Sense will seem like magic...
					      - me