Date:      Fri, 28 Aug 1998 19:15:34 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
To:        Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu>
Cc:        Mark Stosberg <mark@summersault.com>, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: /usr/ports/ rules!

On Fri, 28 Aug 1998, Brett Taylor wrote:

# Hi,
#
# There are a few scripts running around that do this (outside of sysinstall
# and the built-in ports stuff.  I've attached one - I am sorry but I can't
# remember the author.
#
# Basically it scans the INDEX file and compares it to the ports tree.  Note
# if you don't CVSup the ports tree this will never do anything.  :-)

Maybe I mis-understood the original poster but I was assuming
he meant something that would go out to the world and figure
out if what we had in our ports tree was the latest and
greatest.  I don't think anything like this exists.  No?
Although Bill Fenner's distfile checker will tell us when
it is so old that we can't get it anymore... :)

For what you (and Tim in private mail :) are talking about
maybe something like /usr/ports/sysutils/pib which was
created by our very own Mike Smith would be appropriate.  Or
am I still out in the weeds? :)

Steve

# Brett
# Brett Taylor            brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu
# http://peloton.physics.montana.edu/brett/
#
# "There is something uncanny in the noiseless rush of the cyclist,
#  as he comes into view, passes by, and disappears."
# 					 -   Popular Science, 1891
#