Date:      Wed, 21 Oct 2009 08:42:40 -1000
From:      Al Plant <noc@hdk5.net>
To:        Warren Liddell <shinjii@maydias.com>
Cc:        Adam Vande More <amvandemore@gmail.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Force installation of dependencies

Warren Liddell wrote:
> Adam Vande More wrote:
>> On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 10:53 PM, Warren Liddell <shinjii@maydias.com
>> <mailto:shinjii@maydias.com>> wrote:
>>
>>     is there a command that when comnpiling a certain pkg will tell it
>>     to forcefully re-do every single dependcy for that particular pkg ?
>>

>> Judging from the topics of your recent posts, I assume you're not
>> using a port managment tools to handling installing and upgrading your
>> applications.  Become familar with portmaster or portupgrade, you'll
>> save yourself a lot of headache.
>>

>> --
>> Adam Vande More
> i use portupgrade .. but atm im getting no options or solutions to my
> problem .. so im trying to think of radical ways an means of solving it
> .. re-installing all dependencies of this pkg im hoping will solve my issue

Aloha,

I installed: portsnap fetch extract -to get rid of this issue of
dependencies.

Once you have portsnap installed you can subsequently use: portsnap
fetch update.

Manolis Kiagias has suggested this to several of us on the list and it
works for me.

Good luck.

   + http://hawaiidakine.com + http://freebsdinfo.org +
   + http://aloha50.net   - Supporting - FreeBSD  7.2 - 8.0 - 9* +