Date:      Mon, 8 Jul 2002 09:41:52 -0500
From:      "Jacques A. Vidrine" <nectar@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Akinori MUSHA <knu@iDaemons.org>
Cc:        security-team@FreeBSD.org, security@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/lib/libc/net gethostbydns.c getnetbydns.c name6.c

On Mon, Jul 08, 2002 at 06:22:10PM +0900, Akinori MUSHA wrote:
> > I belive the compat{3x,2?} stuff (and probably compat4x too) in those
> > branches also needs updating.  In order to update the compat stuff, we
> > must MFC the fix also to RELENG_{3,2_?} and then find out someone in
> > our developers who can rebuild libc on the old systems.
> >
> > Security Officer/Team, would you give some consideration and organize
> > the work?
>
> Ping?
>
> I don't believe we should ship 4.6.1-RELEASE and 5.0-DP2 with the hole
> in compat libraries left untreated, but we should at least document it
> in Release notes, sysinstall and ports/misc/compat*.

I don't think anyone here has had time to look at this much.  I
believe have tested RELENG_3 patches ready-to-commit --- I'll make
sure they are not held up beyond today.
--
Jacques A. Vidrine <n@nectar.cc>                 http://www.nectar.cc/
NTT/Verio SME          .     FreeBSD UNIX     .       Heimdal Kerberos