Date:      Thu, 13 Dec 2007 21:48:28 +0100
From:      "Inlibris" <office@inlibris.at>
To:        "'freebsd-advocacy'" <freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Antique books and manuscripts, off to Dubai

Yesterday, a dozen heavy trunks with rare books, prints, and manuscripts =
from the 15th to 20th centuries left Vienna, Austria, for Dubai in the =
United Arab Emirates. Inlibris Gilhofer Nfg., dealers in rare books and =
manuscripts, established in 1883 and regular suppliers to major national =
libraries, universities, and museums worldwide for more than a century, =
will be the only participating rare book dealer at the inaugural Dubai =
International Fine Art and Antiques Fair.

Our offer will include the most beautiful and valuable illustrated books =
on natural history (including marine life, falconry, horsemanship, =
birds, and flowers), history of civilization (including the most =
comprehensive work on the 17th-century wars), science (including a =
complete copy Diderot's Encyclopedie, formerly in the possession of =
Napoleon's son-in-law, and the great classics of medicine and =
pharmacology), and geography (including a perfect copy of an atlas =
published in the late 15th century), as well as art and architecture =
books from five centuries. Furthermore, we will be showing several =
Arabic manuscripts (including an early 16th-century miniature Koran) and =
an impressive collection of early Arabic printing (including the first =
oriental manuscript to be reproduced in facsimile in 1676). Local =
prints, maps, and historic photos will also be on view during the fair.

Our illustrated catalogue describes some of these objects in greater =
detail. Its digital version may be consulted on =
http://www.rarebooksandautographs.com/content/english/bestand/auswahlkata=
log.php
Although the fair will be taking place in mid-december, reservations and =
orders are already welcome now. Those of you interested in free =
admission to the fair (opening on the 12th of December at the Dubai =
Convention Center) or a private meeting with our staff please contact us =
in advance via e-mail.

Kind regards from Vienna,

Hugo Wetscherek
__________________________________
Antiquariat INLIBRIS, Gilhofer Nfg. GmbH
www.rarebooksandautographs.com
=20
INLIBRIS Ges.m.b.H.
Rathausstrasse 19