Date:      Mon, 27 Dec 2004 22:09:56 -0600
From:      Paul Schmehl <pauls@utdallas.edu>
To:        Scott Bennett <bennett@cs.niu.edu>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Dell WLAN 1450 laptop wireless card driver needed

--On Friday, December 24, 2004 7:56 PM -0600 Scott Bennett
<bennett@cs.niu.edu> wrote:

>      I did.  The only Dell card listed is the Dell TrueMobile 1150, which
> I think is a fairly old card that Dell no longer sells.  Dell's recent
> catalogues list only the Intel PRO Wireless 2100 and 2200, the Dell
> Wireless 1350 and 1450, and the Dell TrueMobile 300 Bluetooth.  The Dell
> Wireless 1450, which is the card I'm trying to get to work, is made by
> Broadcom, and I think Broadcom makes the chips on it as well.  The wi
> driver is for a different manufacturer's chip set, so my guess is that
> the wi driver is not applicable to the Dell Wireless 1450.

I hate to say this, but I don't think your card is supported.  It's not
listed in the HCL, even for 5.3, and it doesn't even look like there are
linux drivers for it yet.

Paul Schmehl (pauls@utdallas.edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas