Date:      Thu, 16 Dec 2010 20:05:26 +0200
From:      Andriy Gapon <avg@icyb.net.ua>
To:        bug-followup@FreeBSD.org, y.skripachov@gmail.com, freebsd-acpi@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/124744: [acpi] [patch] incorrect _BST result validation for Tosh Satellite P20

I think that the patch is good and I have slightly extended it:
http://people.freebsd.org/~avg/acpi-bat.diff

Part of the problem is that the same definitions are used for interpreting status
returned by _BST and for maintaining internal driver status.
I have added a comment that explains this duality, retired now unused
ACPI_BATT_STAT_MAX, added code for cleaning extended/undefined bits in _BST status
and added a warning about charging+discharging bits being set at the same time.

I'd appreciate reviews and testing.
Thanks!

--
Andriy Gapon