Date:      Mon, 23 Aug 2004 08:42:30 -0400
From:      Ken Smith <kensmith@cse.Buffalo.EDU>
To:        Pete French <petefrench@ticketswitch.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What is Stable

On Mon, Aug 23, 2004 at 09:58:19AM +0100, Pete French wrote:
> > still considered stable.  After the 5.3 release it is expected
> > 5.X will become stable.  At that point I'm not sure what to call
>
> Is that the point at which this list becomes the correct place to ask
> questions about 5.X on as opposed to current ?

Yes.  People will need to show a little tolerance both here and on
the -current mailing list for a while as people get used to it.  Again
I'm afraid this isn't going to be like flipping a switch at the date
5.3 gets released and everything changes instantly.  It will take a
little while for things to settle down.  But that's the nature of
change/progress/etc, right?  :-)

--
						Ken Smith
- From there to here, from here to      |       kensmith@cse.buffalo.edu