Date:      Wed, 27 Aug 1997 07:47:36 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Gregory Pavelcak <gpavelcak@philos.umass.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Concerned about make world

Hello All,

I know there has been discussion in this mailing list about
exactly what the RELENG, RELEASE, STABLE and CURRENT branches
are, but unfortunately I accidentally deleted the mail I had
been saving, so I hope it's not asking too much if I seek
reassurance about making world from sources. Chastise me for
not paying enough attention if you want. I deserve it.

If I have 2.2.2-Release already installed (and I do), CVSup-ing
2.2-STABLE and making world from it is a reasonable thing
to do right? That is, it's not a step backwards in terms of the
updatedness of my system.

Again, sorry for covering the same ground.

Thanks.

Greg