Date:      Tue, 05 Jun 2001 13:59:27 +0900
From:      Martin Chandler <chand@lucksnet.or.jp>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Dell PERC2 in a Poweredge 2300

I've got an old Dell Poweredge 2300 lying around that I would love to turn
into a FreeBSD box, and hearing that the Dell PERC raid controllers were
now supported I decided to give it a try....

unfortunately, using a boot floppy from the most recent stable snapshot my
PERC2 is detected as a PERC 2/QC (which I  don't believe it is, as far as I
can tell it is just a PERC2) and then it hangs

aac0: <Dell PERC 2/QC> port 0xe400-0xe4ff mem 0xf9ffc000-0xf9ffdfff irq 10
ad device 10.0 on pci2

I tried using boot floppies from 4.1.1-RELEASE, 4.2-RELEASE and
4.3-RELEASE, but to no avail.
Is there something I am missing?

Thanks in advance,
MRC