Date:      Fri, 5 Aug 2011 09:28:00 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Fravadona <rnavaza@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ipmi is broken? (ppc0: cannot reserve I/O port range)

Actually IPMI was working until yesterday (on Linux rhel 5) and stopped
working when I installed FreeBSD 8.2 amd64 (same result with FreeBSD 8.2
i386)

On Linux :
# dmidecode
Handle 0x0029, DMI type 38, 16 bytes
IPMI Device Information
	Interface Type: KCS (Keyboard Control Style)
	Specification Version: 1.5
	I2C Slave Address: 0x10
	NV Storage Device: Not Present
	Base Address: 0x0000000000000CA2 (I/O)

# ipmitool mc info
Device ID                 : 0
Device Revision           : 1
Firmware Revision         : 1.48
IPMI Version              : 1.5
Manufacturer ID           : 2
Manufacturer Name         : Unknown (0x02)
Product ID                : 34869 (0x8835)
Product Name              : Unknown (0x8835)
Device Available          : yes
Provides Device SDRs      : no
Additional Device Support :
    Sensor Device
    SDR Repository Device
    SEL Device
    FRU Inventory Device
    IPMB Event Receiver
    Bridge
    Chassis Device
Aux Firmware Rev Info     :
    0x88
    0x00
    0x00
    0x00

#lspci
02:01.0 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme BCM5704 Gigabit
Ethernet (rev 03)
02:01.1 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme BCM5704 Gigabit
Ethernet (rev 03)

As my google searches pointed to me, the problem on FreeBSD seems to be
related to the bge driver.
I tried to configure hw.bge.allow_asf=0|1 and hw.pci.enable_msi=0 in
loader.conf, which didn't fix the problem.
Should I try to compile an older bge driver or fix the new one ?